Friday, May 23, 2008

NEVER again!!!


I will never buy green onions again. Not when they're so easy to grow!

Inspired by this tutorial, today I planted the ends of my green onions that I used to just throw away. The beauty is when they're planted in a pot, they will grow back! And then the next time you want a green onion, you just go snip off the green end part and leave the bulb part in the pot to re-grow again, and again, and again!!

It's brilliant! I don't know why it never occured to me before!

2 comments:

Connie said...

I did not know this at all! Thanks for posting. I have known shallots are easy to grow but all I find in the greenhouses is onion.

I'm excited to try this!

~B. said...

Apparently it works for any type of onion so I'm going to try it with a few red, yellow and white onions too!