Friday, May 30, 2008

Companion Plants

Here is a list I am compiling about companion plants to the plants I have:

  • Apple Tree = ring of chives to discourage apple scab
  • Cantaloupe =
  • Eggplant = Beans
  • Grapes =
  • Honeydew =
  • Peppers, sweet = Basil, okra
  • Peppers, hot =
  • Raspberries = garlic, rue, tansy
  • Rhubarb =
  • Roses = garlic
  • Squash = Nasturtium, corn
  • Strawberries = plant with borage, onions, spinach, bush beans, lettuce
  • Tomatoes = basil or thyme, nasturtium, chives, onion, parsley, asparagus, marigold, carrots, lima beans
  • Zucchini =

  • Tarragon enhances growth of most garden vegetables
  • Nasturtium helps fruit trees

I will be continually updating this list as I find more information.
If you know of something I haven't thought of or found out yet, please let me know!

2 comments:

Connie said...

there is the name of a book on companion gardening... I think it is Tomatoes love carrots but don't like beans.

I was thinking this to myself as I was planting this week.

Lisa Zahn said...

Thanks for this list. I am always wishing I knew more about companion planting.

Lisa in MN