Friday, December 5, 2008

The Basement Grocery Store

It all started with Blast From The Past. The scene where the mom is shopping in the bomb shelter with a grocery cart, like 30 years later! How cool is that? Yeah, I want my own grocery store too!

So I was trying to find some peach crates for my root cellar and came a cross a whole bunch of fun produce department products to make my own little grocery store even cuter!


Washable baskets
Cute deep baskets

Even a real produce stand!


Cute hanging baskets to put on the walls.

Even something like this would be cool!

Or these if you don't have shelf space anymore.
Just put these out nearby on the floor.
Or a real decorative produce cart if you have room!


Or even stands built to hold lots of baskets!

Yeah, there are a lot of products out there to help me design my own cute lil' grocery store!

{via avisbag and Hubert}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I want the little fish hatchery they have for fresh fish. I just think that is the coolest part of their store.

~B. said...

Yes! The fish hatchery! LOVE that part too! Except I don't think I'm going to put a fish hatchery in my basement! ;)

Anonymous said...

I keep suggesting that we put a pond in the perpetual puddle under the trampoline (see my yard and you'll get an idea where it is) but he's against the idea. I can understand it, but it's still tempting . . .

Basements are pretty uncommon here.

Their fish hatchery was TINY, though, when you really think about it. So cool.

I know someone who stocks a pond instead for fishing on her property. If I had land, I'd do that, and my husband wants to.

But in this little spot we've got, a pond wouldbe an open invitation to my toddlers to go wading and catch the fish with their bare hands. . . .

so the hatchery has a double appeal there . . . :)