Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Independence Days: Snowfall Edition


Yes, the snow really did fall this weekend. Good thing I got the tomatoes in. There is still a lot to be done around here though so it's also a good thing the weather is supposed to warm back up again into the 60's and 70's. Gotta love crazy transitional weather!

I've been busy dehydrating apples and banana chips but they're disappearing about as fast as I can make them. The toddler LOVES them! We've also been busy picking and making grape juice. Yum! Yum!


Still need to do:


  • Get and plant new fruit trees {and decide final locations}
  • Clean out the rest of the beds
  • Fortify the raised planters so that dirt and water don't escape next year through the cracks
  • Clean out cold storage room
  • Put in new shelves for root cellar
  • Get baskets or containers for root cellar and buckets for food storage
  • Pick the rosehips and dry them for winter vitamin C drinks
  • Order seeds for next year
  • Figure out how to make my basement not smell like onions and potatoes from the root cellar
I'm sure there's more, but thats what I could think of for now!

No comments: