Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fruit Trees

I went to the nursery today to buy my peach tree. I was going to plant it where my other tree died. But while I was at the nursery I saw other fruit trees that I'd love to have too~~like an apricot and a plum! So then I started thinking about the restoration garden again and creating my own sort of courtyard with a bunch of fruit trees.


It was overcast today so I went out to try and get a better shot of the restoration garden without the shadows in the way. You can see the design a little better now.

Here is a picture of my house where I was thinking about creating a courtyard sort of effect to plant more fruit trees.


Problems I see are:

1. My space isn't as large as the restoration garden.
2. I would have to convince my neighbor to create a courtyard on their property too so that it would be balanced.
3. They just planted a tree, a nut tree of some sort, that I have a feeling will grow humungo.
4. There are tons of electrical wires that run to the house in this area.
5. I'm sure there are other things I'm not thinking about

So I don't really know if this is feasible but it would be fun if it were. Maybe I should just keep thinking of other places to plant my fruit trees. Which then made me think of some other fun ideas I've run across . . . .

. . . . so stay tuned for the next installment in my fruit tree dilemma!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which side is yours? I think it can be done on just your side. I have something extremely similar on my own property. It also depends on what size trees you use. If you use semi-dawrf trees and keep them pruned to a certain shape, they will fit.

~B. said...

I'm the house on the left. But I'm really not sure now about this location because all the main powerlines run into the house on this side and I wonder if roots would end up being problematic?

Anonymous said...

Well, good, the house on the left has much prettier landscaping :)

Power lines could be a problem.

I guess you need to find out where your lines are and plan accordingly.

Anonymous said...

Oh, can I see pictures of your bakyard? I'm dying to see what's next to the trellis :)

Brandy

~B. said...

I will try to get more pictures of my yard for you. It doesn't look as pretty anymore now that Autumn is really settling in. :D