Friday, August 22, 2008

More dehydrating madness!


Zuke Chips

Thinly slice zucchini. Then sprinkle with a little garlic salt and dehydrate about a day to a day and a half. Enjoy!

They are ultra-light and tasty! Satisfies my need for something crunchy like potato chips. I'm still playing around with the seasoning a bit. My sprinkle method results in some chips ultra salty and others hardly at all. So if anyone has any other seasoning flavor ideas or methods, I'm willing to try.

Btw, thats not a zucchini from my own backyard. Still! It's so depressing! I might try this with summer squash though, at least those are growing a little bit.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Did you try soaking them in a water/garlic salt solution? Maybe that would make it more even? Just a thought

anna jo said...

do you have a food dehydrator?

~B. said...

I haven't tried that yet Carrie. I still need to.

And Anna, I'm actually just borrowing one, but plan to get my own soon since I've decided I like using them so much!