Sunday, August 10, 2008

Banana Chips


Well, since I haven't been able to eat anything out of my own garden yet I've turned my attention to other things. Like trying my hand at dehydrating things. These are my banana chips.

What? You've never seen red bananas before? C'mon, when I was in Brazil I learned there were more than 20 different banana varieties and these happen to be the Strawberry Kiwi Banana variety! Sort of.

I don't think an actual strawberry kiwi banana exists {though there was a banana maca which means apple banana variety in Brazil}, I made this one into a strawberry kiwi banana by dipping the slices in strawberry-kiwi jello powder before dehydrating them.

Other upcoming flavors we intend to try out include:

Cinnamon Sugar banana chips
Honey glazed banana chips
Regular plain ol' banana chips
Maybe other jello flavors

Mmmm! Tasty snacks!

2 comments:

Lisa Zahn said...

That looks very interesting and yummy! I may have to try those for kids' snacks. Thanks.

Lisa

Connie said...

Well, even if your garden isn't producing yet, I'm glad you are blogging again.