Monday, November 24, 2008

The Possibilities Are Everywhere


This summer I ran across the book Success With Small Food Gardening by Louise Riotte that really opened my eyes about edible landscaping. I now literally see possibilities everywhere!

The book is very inspirational. It illustrates a few plans for several different types of situations including places like mobile homes that I bet most people wouldn't think they could really grow much food at.

Copies of the book are hard to find, but it really is a gem in my library!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of this book, but this is how I've landscaped our previous house and our current house. I was just thinking about another place I saw once that I should share with you. It's more along the lines of your formal garden (in fact the same basic shape) that you were thinking of for your front yard--but all edible and on a bigger scale for a backyard. All the beds were edged in onions (where in a formal flowere bed they would be boxwood hedges).

~B. said...

Oh! I'd love to see something like that!

Anonymous said...

okay, I'll try to find the picture again for you! After Christmas, though.