Sunday, April 2, 2017

I'm Resurrecting My Old Garden Blog

It's been a while since I have had the chance to do any real gardening. We ended up moving to California for a few years and then moved back to Utah.  Before I get into our new house, yard and plans, I just wanted to pay tribute to my old yard that I used to blog about here.  After our plants were finally established in the yard, it really started to look amazing! Just the way I had always envisioned it!



These are old photos from when we sold our home.












Here were the pergolas with the grapevines growing onto them finally!





Here are the grapes growing onto the pergolas.

I had wondered how to grow them onto the pergolas with the posts so far away at one point, but we decided to grow them up the back fence and then trellis them over to the top.  It seemed to work.

They were the tastiest grapes too!

I forget the name of them now, but they were a light pink table grape.




We had installed a firepit that was so much fun!




Here are the grapes again.





Here we are looking over to my favorite





I was sooo- in love with those espaliers!  




I was also in love with my curved steps down to the patio,
and all the flower pots I had nestled up next to them!




She was a good house and we were making her our dream house!

I hope the new owners love her just as much as we did!



~B.

No comments: